Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Road Rage vs Common Sense

The irritation builds… ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That slow car in front of you, going 10 miles UNDER the speed limit as you scoot as close as you dare BEGGING them to get the hint and speed up…. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That guy that can see you coming a mile down the road, but he sits on the side road with his blinker on for ages until you approach and he picks that moment to dash in front of you…. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The car you are stuck behind as it enters the highway from the on ramp, who doesn’t understand that the highway is 20 miles faster than the road they just left, and you see a looming semi heading your way… ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The driver that doesn’t see the left hand turn light’s arrow come on, and sits there until it turns yellow then lurches out to make the turn although the cars behind it no longer can… ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The long line of cars pretending they can’t see you in a traffic jam as you wait and wait on a side road for that one kind soul to let you in… ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That driver that zips around you on a solid line, even though you are going 4 miles OVER the speed limit and they barely miss your front bumper in their rush to be first in line for no where… ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The car in the parking lot that pretends they can’t see your reverse lights, drives up behind you, and sits there while it waits for the line to move… ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It’s that split second, in an evil world, where that one person lets go of control and does what the best of us only imagine. Hits another car. On purpose. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Today’s term is called Road Rage, brought on by the loss of Common Sense, which in fact is NOT on the drivers exam and allows many unqualified drivers to claim a license. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I know the feeling, I know the WANT to lose control, but don’t ever plan on doing so just because of the risk of injury to the other driver. I myself have made such mistakes as I have listed above, but once realizing it I raise my hand and mouth the words “sorry” to the other driver. I never pretend I don’t know what I did, and I do my best to let them know so that IF they are having a day such as the one listed above, maybe my little apology will slow the rage. Again, if it were not for the lack of common sense, we wouldn’t have road rage. That’s my math.

No comments:

Post a Comment