Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's there in the Beginning will be there in the End

Do you remember what it was that your husband fell in love with long ago? Are you still that person, have those 'things'? Does he? Why is it that we gain weight, change our hair, change jobs, and he still loves you? But if he doesn't, did those things change his love? Was it real? I have been every shape and size, I have had all sorts of hair styles and colors, I have been at the top and the bottom in jobs...but he still loves me. These things don't matter to him...so what does? What was it that caught his heart so long ago? I listen when he talks, I look him in the eye, I understand what he says even if I don't agree, I laugh at his jokes, and I take pride in his care of us. His decisions don't always make me happy, but I don't ridicule him for them. He loves me, simply because I show him my love in so many ways. Is that why I love him still? I love him because he sets goals and achieves them, his determination, his strength in everything from his career to his children. His giving spirit to people he doesn't know, and his ability to learn and grow in God. The things I love about him have never changed. So, we look different with wrinkles and losing hair, but what was there in the beginning will be there in the end. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment