Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Hot Mama-NOT!

Its about 60 something here now, with rain and wind. I decided to wear a light weight sweater with a little ‘turtle neck’ to it. You would not believe how many negative comments I have gotten about the fact that it is “still warm even if it’s raining and a sweater is unnecessary.” I smile and move on. Here is my way of thinking: To me, yes it’s pretty warm outside, but I am comfortable. They are comfortable in their skin baring clothes. Why? Because when it was 40 or 50 with the idea of spring in the air, they acclimated to the temperature to be able to wear those clothes sooner. Now that it is actually in the 70’s they feel comfortable.
 Well, I dressed warm for a different reason. This summer is going to be HOT, that much is obvious. So I am acclimating in a different way. I want the option of taking layers off to feel comfortable, so I am keeping them on and letting myself adjust slowly to the warmer weather. While they are crying about needing air conditioning, I will be wearing my regular summer clothes, and be able to get thinner material and shorter sleeves as the heat becomes unbearable to others who have no more clothes they can legally take off. While they are going to the hospital for dehydration and sun stroke, saying there was nothing they could do since their clothing was weather appropriate at the time….I will sip my margarita on the back deck with a little spray fan, umbrella over me and a good book.

 Mock my clothes, Mock my reasoning. It sure won’t be me with sweat pouring down my crevices.

1 comment: