Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Paradise for the American Spirit

I am currently reading a book called A Journey Out of Darkness by John Slade.  He has three main experiences he teaches us about while he tells his tale...three things that keep me interested.  Nature, Photography, and yes GHOSTS.  I am not going into detail, you will have to read it yourself to see how it fits.~~~~
One paragraph he wrote made me smile: "Americans look at bears from car windows, hopefully rolled up.  We look at moose now and then in a magazine illustration.  And eagles?  Only a fortunate few Americans can stare up at an eagle soaring above them.  Most of us know eagles only as a patriotic emblem.  The American spirit is satisfied with mustard and ketchup."~~~~~~~~~~~

Why would this make me smile?  Because I come from Paradise.  A place where we share the best fishing rivers with three different species of bear.  If they want our catch, we gladly hand it over.  Moose peek over our fences to say hello and show off their new babies.  Eagles soar over our heads daily, and nest in our back yards.  Yes, Paradise.  Where there is more than mustard and ketchup for our American spirit. ~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Where is this Paradise?  If you know, then you live there-have lived there before-have visited and your soul is dying to go back.  If you don't, I am not sharing.  Do your research.  Maybe I will see you there.

3 comments:

  1. Yes you will see me there as I am in paradise as we speak :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I do miss Paradise! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so miss paradise, but luckily I have a lot of paradise here in my home state as well.

    ReplyDelete