Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quiet Love

I don’t need Big Bang shows of love. I have what I need on a daily basis. I am pretty simple, I like things easy, I cherish the small things, and I have that kind of love…
It’s a kiss when he comes home from work, no matter how busy things are or who is trying to get our attention. It’s when those two adults look over the sea of noisy kids, jumping dogs and arguing teenagers to find each other and smile. It’s driving in the car and in the middle of our conversation he slips my hand into his without thinking. It’s that special song when for no reason at all, he takes hold of my waist and brings me close while I laugh and sway along with him. It’s those stolen moments, when the noise level is too high, and chaos reigns, where he runs with me hand in hand to another room for a brief moment of silence. It’s his willingness to kill that spider, or remove a bug from where I planned to stand just moments before without seeing it. It’s how he asks ‘How was your day?” and listens patiently even though he doesn’t understand anything I am saying. It’s how he takes my hand when we pray and squeezes it on a point he finds important.
And most of all, on those long nights where I can’t sleep, but I send him to bed exhausted. Where I climb in beside him hours later, so careful not to wiggle too much or shake the mattress so he is not disturbed. It’s that moment when he rolls toward me, lays his head on his arm with his hand in my hair, his arm over my hip, and his legs entwined with mine. He doesn’t know he is doing it. His body is unaware, but his soul knows that it’s mate has found its way back to his side. It’s that kind of love, the peaceful ‘it just happen’s’ love that I cherish. No Big Bangs for me please, I choose the Quiet Kind of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment