Wednesday, February 8, 2012

White Knight

*****(This one came to me because of a question a friend asked-so thank you A)***** Who says there is no such thing as a fairy tale love? Who says your story of how you met and fell in love is not movie material? I believe all of us have that, and the more we think about it, and the more we share it, our love story DOES become a fairy tale. I can guarantee that if you have been married five years or more than you have spiced up your first meeting that it certainly CAN be used in Disney's next movie. Not saying the 'happily ever after' is always grand, but it COULD be. (Maybe that's why the fairy tales don't have anything after the wedding...because they know it's hard work and would be less appealing.) Two years into marriage and you are struggling with the bills, five years into marriage and you are struggling with kids, ten years into marriage and you are struggling with career changes, fifteen years later you are trying to survive through the teen years and realizing you forget your spouse more often than not, twenty years and you are watching kids leave home and dreaming of retirement, thirty plus years and you are looking at your spouse wondering 'who are you?'. If you survive all this, you can look back and say you had the fairy tale. The times you were at wits end are now funny stories to tell. The arguments and struggles you had are what you use to advise your adult children. The crazy memories and events you survived are what you use to get to know your spouse all over again.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Just because your marriage is not like Jane and John does not mean it is any less perfect. It is all about YOU. You are your own person, and you found someone that loved you for BEING that person. You love them for how they make you feel, what they offer your life, and how hard they work beside you to have that fairy tale. You wake up each morning and think, "I decide I love him/her today, and I want to be committed in this relationship". Daily. Every single day. I can't say what is right or wrong for my sisters. Because they are different than I am, because their needs are different than mine, they have men that meet those needs (more often than not, truthfully). I have my match. They have what is good for them, what God has decided they need in their life, and I have mine. We get to complain about our Prince Charming with each other (just as they get to rag on their Sleeping Beauty and Snow White as well) but we can't really compare.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I like my fairy tale just as it is. Hard stuff and all. He loved me when he was a kid, he searched the U.S. for me, he never forgot me, and he 'rescued' me where I hope to live Happily Ever After. He is, in fact, my stubborn thickheaded loudmouthed pushy bratty White Knight...and that is PERFECT for my fairy tale life.

No comments:

Post a Comment